HybridZ

dash ????

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

ok before you start i already searched.

remeber a couple of month ago there ws a post about intalling autometer guages into a 240 dash , does any have know what happed to that post and is there another link for it?

also had anyone had problems getting a full dash cap to fit correctly?

i got a full cap and it dont seem to fit right.

...also had anyone had problems getting a full dash cap to fit correctly? i got a full cap and it dont seem to fit right...

You may have gotten one for a year different then what is in your car. I purchsed a 260Z cap for a 260Z I once had and it fit nearly perfectly--it is something I would recommend in a heartbeat. There is some trimming that you need to do around switches and watnot, but it sould fit. When installed correctly, it'll look so good no one will be able to tell it's actually a cap. I removed the screws holding the dash in place and brough it out forward a little, then I fit the cap in place after trimming and refitting the dash a few times. After gluing/siliconing the cap, I tightly bound the assembly with bungee cords until it fully dried. Perfect fit.

Davy

Guest Anonymous

I bought a cap for my 240. It was so far off I ended up researching the problem. I habought a couple before and they had fit wel;l on other Z's Come to fine out that there were 3 different manufactures of the 240 dash. They were not identical. Most of the variation was in the side vent locations. I finally went to the junk yard with my cap and found a dash that fit the cap. Hope htat helps. Mark