HybridZ

z06 motor

Guest polarity

Guest polarity

I have been offered the chance to pickup the motor from a 2002 z06 vette. it's the ls6 i belive (454) has anyone put one of these into there z. would it involve any cutting of the firewall or anything to make more room. If it will drop in I think I'll buy it. If it requires cutting or anything of that nature, I will most likely steer clear as I dont have the tools or the knowledge for it

Billy

Guest Your Car is Slow

Itll fit fine...its simply an LS1 with a differnet intake, cam, and a few other goodies I believe.

and by the way..an LS1/LS6 is 346ci :)

The Vette LS6 engine is also 405 HP. Should make an absolute killer Z engine. Without question the engine I would like to find used and cheap. All aluminum block, good flowing heads, streetable, distributorless ignition. Killer

Like the guys have said, externally the same dimensions as the LS1 small block, so reading past posts should give you an idea what is involved with the swap. Haven't done it my self but from what I have read it is not as straight forward as a standard iron SBC. Performance parts are not as common and thus more pricey, but with 405 HP you may have all the engine you will want.

Search on LS1 and you will get more info then you could possibly absorb.

I agree 2002 LS6 would be killer. Talk to Lingenfelter's company - they have a $5K supercharge kit that adds about 115 HP to it.

http://www.lingenfelter.com/pac350magscc5.asp

a 520hp supercharged LS6 would be sweet. Car and driver noted a 1/2 second of lag from cruise to kick-in-the-back. That's because of the bypass valve closing.

$5K is a pile o' money though. a 427 ci LS1/LS6 would be cool too. Again, it's tons of money - 5 figures from lingenfelter and Doug Rippie.

Surely someone is building them cheaper.

Guest Your Car is Slow

The ATI kit is cheaper...AND puts down more power than the lig kit :D

There are one of each in town....the ATI kitted one absolutely stomps all over the lig modded one :D

Guest Frank280z

I just got prochargers pamphlet in the mail. Shows a 99 ls1 with 575 @ the flywheel running 7psi. They say the Z06 motor will have the same #s due to the higher compression and max of 6psi. Doesn't show any prices though.

Guest Your Car is Slow

I dont recall the exact number...but the shop that did it mentioned it was significantly cheaper than the lig kit.

laid down 11.27@127mph on drag radials...with zero tuning and zero other mods. :shock: