HybridZ

making an L series z a 6 speed

zhins50

i am doin a turbo swap on my 240 and am currently using an 82 5 speed non turbo. i know that the turbo motors come with t5 trannies stock and was wonding if a t56 would bolt up to the l28turbo motor. i can deal with the tranny well that needs to be cut.

I e-mailed SSS510 a few times, he did mention cutting and trimming the tunnel, that made me think twice. The concept sounds dynomite though, if anyone does this conversion, it sure would be nice to get a detailed description for future project seekers.

Does the T-56 mate up to the stock T-5 Nissan bell housing or would that need to be a custom job like Mr. SSS510's?

Mike

Obviously it needs to be custom, or he would'nt have done it! Check out this website that Pete posted, they have tons of adapter bellhousings, and depending on the pattern on a Nissan S22 diesel, you might be able to use the Supra 6 speed: (Doesn't the Supra come with a 6 speed? The bellhousing says 5 speed.)

http://www.rodshop.com.au/bellhousings.htm

• 3 weeks later...
Guest zline

the nonturbo supras had 5 speeds.

T56 on a L6 would be good only if you needed that extra overdrive gear, I'd rather have a close ratio rally geared early 5 speed, lot less trouble.