HybridZ

LS1 / T56 Update #13

So I'm taking a new fusible link holder to the shop last night and I drop it in the parking lot - breaking one of the mounting tabs off. Fortunately it looks like they'll be able to use the one I took along out of a 280ZX.

Car was basically a pile of pieces. Engine in one corner of garage, transmission in another, rear sway bar out to be "kinked" to miss part of drive train, torque tube out to modify to provide clearance for reverse lock-out switch, new clutch in a box, clutch master cylinder out, fuel lines out, alternator & one header off the engine, tachometer in pieces on the seat, and a great big hole in the front of the car like it had for 8 of the last 9 1/2 months. It was depressing to see. Also encountered the typical problem of mating the Chevy fuel & hydraulic lines to the Datsun lines. The good news was that it is still on schedule to be on the street the week of May 5th.

:? Hey, have you been snooping around my garage. You described it very well, except you left out:

Rear suspension sitting right in the middle of the floor waiting for the R230

Cross member by the door

Metal everywhere for new framerails

Homemade rotisserie in progress

And tools everywhere!

And . . . I don't think it will see the road until May 5th 200????!?!!?!?!?! :D

But, that said, I am loving the work on the car. It is going to be one sweet ride when finished.

I'm sorry you had to see your baby like that. Just a little longer for you. Its like waiting for Christmas as a kid!