HybridZ

my fuel injector dilemma

So my turbo swap is coming along real nice but I have the usual leaky injectors. I would rather not buy the sherco injectors because of all the hoopla I have read about them. It looks like 5 of my 6 injectors are leaking so I will be buying a complete set anyway. From what I have know right now it seems like the best thing to do would be to go ahead and put Megasuirt in the car. I also see that 42lb/hr ford mustang injectors can be had for $40 apiece from performance shops. So for around $350 and a new fuel rail I could have EFI and fuel injectors to support upgrades down the road. For the time being this setup would just go on the stock engine as I start to crank up boost a little (10-12psi like sleeperZ says) and then add an intercooler. I just hate to go spend $200 on stock replacement injectors when I would like to play with the Megasquirt anyway. And I could toss the AFM which doesn't fit good into the 240.

Is there anything else I should consider from you guys that have been down this road before? It seems like good plan to me. I don't know how many miles I have on my turbo engine and it is definitely not an O-ringed head.

Seems the biggest issue with the sherco parts is knowing whether or not they are the correct trubo injector replacement. You said they sent you two different type injectors?

I'll have to go look about using megasquirt with high or low impedance injectors to see what the options are.

Those were just some Lucas injectors I looked up the pricing on that were 42#/hr for mustangs at $40 apiece.

Yep, I got one green and the rest brown, box says that colors may vary, but the length of the tube was also different and the PN was different, I will measure impedance to check (should have done so already).

Megasquirt will work with high or low impedance, they set it up either way depending on your app (they also sell injectors).

Since I just got them about a week ago, I sincerely doubt they stopped selling them. However I dont doubt there is a limited supply, these injectors were not in use on the turbo cars after 1986 as the design changed, so its fortunate that they are available at all. You could consider just getting yours sonically cleaned, if you think that may be the issue.