HybridZ

PLS GRUMPY...READ THIS OR ANYONE WITH THEIR .02 ON THE LT

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

What is the difference in the motors that went into the last gen firebird and camaro's and the corvette what motors do i look for with the same potential as the LT1 CORVETTE engine and if its comming from a firebird or camaro what years do i look for ??

4 bolt mains on the Vette (non splayed), different TB ducting (no big deal since you wont use it anyway), and a VERY minute camshaft difference, and dual exaust on the Vettes - otherwise its the SAME BALLGAME. Oh, non hardened pushrods after I believe 96, I run CMolly anyway.

My personal preference 1995 first, 1994 second, or get a 96-97 and deal with the wiring, and grab an OBD I computer from a 94/95 FBody. The 92-93 setup is a chip instead of EEPROM, just a bit more expense and hassle, they are also SD cars not MAF.

Vette would be nice to have, but they will both handle about the same HP before something breaks, namely the rods. I revved my 2 bolt block to 7k with no issues, and no upgraded rod bolts either. Since the bare blocks are cheap I'd probably get one for peace of mind if your looking for a stroker project, otherwise try to get a deal with your trans of choice, wiring + computer etc

Oh yes, last 2 years of the heads flow the most stock, but have the least meat for porting. Earliest 2 years of the heads (up to 93 on the Fbody) are the best for all out porting. The later years flow about the same as the Impy iron heads.