HybridZ

Please help me figure out the wiring for my new Taurus fan?

Thanks once again. Dave

Its getting to be summer. I have that 83 280zxt with the I/C in front of radiator along with my air conditioner. Wanna be Cool!

Figure everyone uses them on V-8 Radiator. I will try to fab it to my stock Z. :D

Guest greimann

Better check your clearances on a L6 because the fan shroud is 3.75" thick all around and at the fan motor it is 5" thick. Not much room up there in a stock motor. V8's can use it because they are much shorter.

I paid 30 bucks for mine. We looked at about 10 of them before we found a clean fan that did not make any strange noises. Some are 1 speed and some are 2 speed. The two speed ones have three wires and the one speed have two wires. :? i think... i do know the two speed fans have more wires, I would have to look at it again. Still hanging in garage. Maybe someone can confirm this # of wires thing :?:

going to try and make time to put it on sunday

The one speed has a small black wire and a small orange wire. The two speed has one large black wire, one large brown/yellow wire and one small brown/orange wire.

The two speed fan is actually thinner than the one speed.

hey, if you guys want, I can take a comparison picture.

Just returned from salvage yard. Bought the two speedTaurus fan. Three wires black (figure ground), brown with yellow stripe (maybe high speed)and brown with orange stripe (maybe low speed).It came off an 89 Taurus station wagon. Looks like the two speeds came off the 3.8 engines as compaired to the 3 liter (possibly uses one speed).

When I called they wanted $75, so wasen't planning to buy. Just look. When I found one I asked the guy in the field he said $35. So hey went for it. The guy in the office was real busy so volinteered to remove it for him.

When I returned with the fan he priced it to me for $54.19 since I removed it? Guy in the field and guy in office needs to get their ducks in a row!!!!!

Bought it anyway because after measuring it was 20 1/2" wide 16" tall and 4" thick!

I think I can make it work. I've got about 1/4" to play with.

Thanks guys

Len

• 3 years later...