HybridZ

Has anyone written a Chevy Vs. Ford Paper?

80LS1T

I was wondering if any of you have written a chevy vs ford paper? I need to write one for my Written Communication class. It needs to be 6-10 pages long and needs to be a Chevy biased paper. I really dont want to write this so I was wondering if any of you would like to sell me one? :D It also needs to have a work cited page. This is probably a long shot but I thought I would try anyways! LOL

Guy

Guest tt350

LOL. Thats a good school paper.

Actually, im righting a paper for philosophy right now justifiying the uslefulness of racing in our society. Ya, its gonna be tuff.

Thats a toughie, there are alot of plusses to the GM LS1 IMO, but the GT is not all that bad either, it may be slower but they have an 8.8" rear, and the cars are IMO a little more driveable for the average sissy. I had a 97 Cobra vert and it was awesome to drive, as far as comfort goes.

However for handling (for a big car), and not looking like a 4x4 - and going "fast" I prefer the GM stuff. Alot of the Stang parts are cheaper though, some of them by a large margin.

I would say its easier to work on a modern Camaro vs Stang, that Cobra engine compartment SUCKED - I guess I haven't seen enough GTs to know whats under the hood, but I am not guessing the OHC stuff is pretty. Dont know how many points your going to cover, but OHC is one which has its drawbacks as well as those plusses too, easier to get different length pushrods for OHV when heads are shaved though.

Guest eric-z

scottie,

that link you posted.... wow... what a paper. my mouth was hanging open I was so shocked. turbobluestreak, we really need that DOHC L28, it suppossedly doubles the compression of the engine.

eric

Guest Aaron

This was my favorite line.

The Mustang is Ford’s counterpart to the Civic, only it offers a lot more power. ... The after market for the Mustang is limited, although they are probably fast enough as it is. Mustangs are good for people who desire speed at a low price.

This one is good too.

As of right now, imports dominate the market, and the after market.

And I have never heard the 4 stroke engine explained quite like this.

*The process of an RPM works like this: Air goes into the intake. As the cam opens, and the as the piston is going down, it will fill the cylinder with a combination of gas and air. The valve then closes, then the spark plug fires, and the gases inside the cylinder explode. The piston starts coming back up and compresses the gases, turning the crank causing the exhaust valves to open and release the gases to the exhaust manifold. This is one RPM. For the slower readers, engines basically go through 4 strokes: suck (the intake of air), squish (the compression), bang (the spark plug igniting the gases), and blow (gases out the exhaust).

Guest eric-z
Doubling the compression would make it undriveable for most of us, no race gas for me - not on a daily basis anyway!

oh yeah I know, you don't have to tell me, but I just found it incredible that someone could even think that.

And I have never heard the 4 stroke engine explained quite like this.

yeah thats what I was thinking too

eric