HybridZ

Dual Port Waste Gate Actuator?

Guest jt240z

Guest jt240z

Does anyone have a good source for dual port waste gate actuators for a T3/T04E hybrid? I'm looking at improving the response time and control capability on the internal waste gate. My plan is to open up the waste gate opening and port the passage. I'll then increase the puck size and convert to a dual port actuator.

Other options are to add an external waste gate.

How hard would it be to modify the stock manifold to add an external waste gate port?

What would be the best location?

How hard would it be to add a tangential outlet for a waste gate onto the existing turbine housing?

Any other ideas?

I got my dual port from TopEnd, and then clocked the turbo and sent it to them to make my bracket. I like it and it works pretty well.

Most people I have seen add an external add it somewhere in the area where exhaust ports 3 and 4 meet.

I have always wanted to come right off the turbine housing with one, kind of like the turbonetics style one for a GN. I figure that would be a very good way to control boost and an efficient way to vent the stinking thing and merge it with the exhaust system.

Turbonetics does a mod to the GN Turbine housing which mounts a Deltagate directly. The flange is right on the housing. The GN I'm working on now has one - and it works well. I'll post a picture tomorrow if ya want.

Rick,

are you saying you have an internal dual-port WG actuator? If you do, I LOVE YOU, MAN! Err, Ok, you are my good buddy :D :D

Rememebr what we talked about the other night? Well, someone just loaned me an Innovative MSBC-1 to try out and buy if I want it. This thing works best with a dual-port, internal or external.

Trying to find a pic of that dual-port cannister but could only find one in Turbonetics with the "Maxima" WG setup. Is that the same cannister you have? Do you know what the default spring pressure is. I need 12 or slightly less.

Rick, that MSBC-1 is a loaner for a trial with no obligation. What are you doing Saturday? It looks like we are taking Misred (RX7/GN) to Bradenton for some T&T at a track rental event. Looks like I will have to drive as Mike is slightly incapacitated at the moment as you can see in the pic. Think we can take it to the level which would be the 10.70s still with "low" boost. If you can make it I will bring the MSBC-1 and you can look it over but I doubt we could pop the box open to se the guts.

mikecast.jpg

So where do I [/b']get a dual port actuator? :wink:

I think the one you need is something you can get from TopEnd. I would also try turbonetics. Topend will match price, you just have to have something for him to go by. He matched the cheapest price on my intercooler and knocked 5 bucks off to boot. Yeah big deal I know 5 whole dollars.

He also is very responsive to email, which is how I like to do business.

Mine is a dual port model with an adustable rod, and you just have to fab up a bracket to mount it. It is not that Maxima thing.

Also I have had trouble with Turbonetics not wanting to sell me stuff since i am not a dealer. Just something to muddy the waters.