HybridZ

Neapco flange adapter problem?

80LS1T

Good info!!! Years ago when I was doing my swap, all I had or could find was the 2.00" pilot flange. I ended up having a driveshaft flange made from a slip yoke and a piece of 3/8" thick steel plate.

We know the NEAPCO part number 2-2-899-1 is a functional replacement of the DAT-110 part for the 2.25" piloted flanges. It's nice to know this so you can just source it locally. It'd be nice to know what part number works for the 2.00" pilot flange (like the DAT-110-2.0)

I wrote to JTR in email and asked:

For my Datsun I am shopping for an R200 and have run into small snag. There is some confusion as to which works or not. I have the manual and it states that if my diff has the 2" pilot i should swap it for one that is 2.25".

However, on the JTR site I read where I can buy a flange for the 2" or 2.25". Do both of these adapt flanges utilize the same large GM u-joint or do they use different u-joints?

The response read:

Both flanges use the Dana 1310 u-joint, which is a very common u-joint,

and was used on GM cars in the 1960's and 1970's.

Therefore, it does not matter anymore according to that email from Mike Knell which pilot diameter anymore as they supply one for each taht takes the big u-joint