HybridZ

Strut tower support

Guest chip

Guest chip

thanks for the link. I can't tell from the picture but I assume the front bar is bent to go over the inline six, I may be wrong. My car has a 350 in it which I understand allows the bar to be strait, anyone make one of those? regardless, I'm going to order the rear one.

thanks,

Chip

Board member Mark has a very nice strut bar made by Top End Performance. It triangulates back to the firewall. I don't have any contact info, maybe he'll join in or you could try a search.

John

Guest greimann

These bars were made from two panhard bar kits that you can get from Jegs or Summit. It comes with one end fitting welded and the bar is about 3' long. You cut to length and weld the other fitting. Brackets you have to make yourself.

strutbars.jpg

Guest z1 performance

We have the MSA on on a customers car - worked fine. We now use the Cusco ones, which are also nice units.

Adam

Guest bluex_v1

Why are strut tower braces made with heim joints anyway? Would the bracket welds break loose from the tower from all the flexing if they were just solid welded peices of tubing?

Guest greimann
Why are strut tower braces made with heim joints anyway? Would the bracket welds break loose from the tower from all the flexing if they were just solid welded peices of tubing?

Most bars are made with heim joints because they are intended for bolt in installation and require a certain amount of adjustability to account for slight variations in body dimensions. In most cases they also need to be removable so you can remove and service the engine. Heim joints suit this application very nicely, and they look good too!

The MSA heim joint units are also reverse threaded on one side. This allows you to install the bar and turn it to place some preload on the bar. Thus you can draw the tops of the strut towers in or out by tightening or loosening the bar.

Not sure why you would want to do this, but that's what they told me when they sold me the bar.