HybridZ

LS1 ers I,m back!!!

The LS1 is still going. I just bought a 95 viper complete rear suspension and rear frame on ebay yesterday for the 240z. I still need a dash and roll cage. What are you other LS1 ers doing. Phantom, Jerminio, Maichor, etc. Darius you ready to race at Sears Point?

I'm down to the wire. The car is supposed to be running the end of this week but my confidence is weak. If not, it will be next week. I'll probably then run it for 2-4 weeks, identify most of the bugs, and back to the shop it will go. That is when the headers will get ceramic coated, too. Still need to get strut tower braces for front and rear. Probably go to the Top End Racing folks. The rear will work fine and I can get the front modified, if need be, to go with the LS1. I am so close I could cry. Definitely pins & needles time.

Viper rear end! :hail::2thumbs: I'm sure you will have to chop that up! :wink:

I am in the middle of several projects. I am done with the final engine and trans mounting and so I pulled the motor one more time to do some body and suspension work. I built a home made rotisserie so I can weld in some subframe connectors. I decided to do it all mainly because the VR kit is a roadster with no top and I need the support. I figured that I could change up the suspension while I was at it. I am going with the R230 VLSD and the subframe and suspension stuff from a mixture of cars. 240SX, Infiniti J30 and Q45. I have vented rear discs and will also have 5 lugs on 4.5 centers, front and rear.

Back to the motor. Today I plugged everything in and turned on the ignition. Gauges all came on, as well as the little security light. I had cut the harness in one place that I could not avoid, due to damage to the Trans Am where I got the motor. Unfortunately, there are three .05 light gray wires that are identical in that bundle. I must have spent two hours getting it sorted out. I finally got the security light to stop blinking. I hooked up the clutch pedal depressed switch and kept in the closed position. Moment of truth . . . I turn the key, just enough to know if the starter will engage this time. CLICK!!! VICTORY! . . . Not really, because when I brought my wife out to witness the first turnover of the long dormant LS1, nothing came on. . . NO gauges, lights or anything. I hunted around for blown fuses. I found the Left headlamp blown and the PCM 10 AMP mini fuse under the hood. I swapped them out for things I don't need, like the horn and still no juice. Any suggestions, I couldn't have fried the PCM or anything could I? :cuss::shock:

Maichor,

Do you have one of the little OBD II error code readers? It might help diagnose. It would be a real bummer if the ECM is fried. Somehow don't think that's it though. I can see from your post that you have been moving along on your project. I'll have to stop by in a couple weeks after mine is finally running and we can compare projects.

Viper rear end! :hail::2thumbs: I'm sure you will have to chop that up! :wink:

I am in the middle of several projects. I am done with the final engine and trans mounting and so I pulled the motor one more time to do some body and suspension work. I built a home made rotisserie so I can weld in some subframe connectors. I decided to do it all mainly because the VR kit is a roadster with no top and I need the support. I figured that I could change up the suspension while I was at it. I am going with the R230 VLSD and the subframe and suspension stuff from a mixture of cars. 240SX' date=' Infiniti J30 and Q45. I have vented rear discs and will also have 5 lugs on 4.5 centers, front and rear.

Back to the motor. Today I plugged everything in and turned on the ignition. Gauges all came on, as well as the little security light. I had cut the harness in one place that I could not avoid, due to damage to the Trans Am where I got the motor. Unfortunately, there are three .05 light gray wires that are identical in that bundle. I must have spent two hours getting it sorted out. I finally got the security light to stop blinking. I hooked up the clutch pedal depressed switch and kept in the closed position. Moment of truth . . . I turn the key, just enough to know if the starter will engage this time. [b']CLICK!!! VICTORY![/b] . . . Not really, because when I brought my wife out to witness the first turnover of the long dormant LS1, nothing came on. . . NO gauges, lights or anything. I hunted around for blown fuses. I found the Left headlamp blown and the PCM 10 AMP mini fuse under the hood. I swapped them out for things I don't need, like the horn and still no juice. Any suggestions, I couldn't have fried the PCM or anything could I? :cuss::shock:

Maichor your vats is locking you out.

Phantom, I don't have a code reader. I may fix that this weekend.

Cyrus, I thought about the VATS, but it only shuts it off for 3 minutes and resets if you disconnect the battery. Even when I was having problems with the VATS not sending power to the fuel pump and starter, at least the gauges were coming on. Now I don't even get that. What was happening before was the security would come on, then flash, supposedly that is failsafe mode, according to my manual. It happens when you have short to ground or other similar problems. I will read up more on the VATS to see if I can figure it out.

Thanks for the suggestions. If you can think of anything else, let me know.