HybridZ

ALL CUSTOM!!! ALL COMMENT'S/SUGGESTION'S WANTED

Guest toyotasupra17

Guest toyotasupra17

i just bought my very first 78 280z and its going directly to the shop but i was wondering if you guys could give me some suggestions....i want a nice car that i show and a fast car also....ok heres what im thinking about doing

custom front and rear fenders for wider tires

toyota supra tail lights....how hard would it be to mold the rear of a supra to the rear of my z? would it look a stupid? cuz im thinking the rounded look would look alot better than the flat look

and for the front maybe toyota celica headlights...or nissan silvia s14/15's and would it be hard to mold the front of one of those cars to mine?

me and my unkle will be doing all the work on it he owns a autobody shop

and one more question can some get my ideas photo shopped? atleast the tails and the headlights....if the supra rear and celica front is possible that also thanks again.....please dont flame on me!!!

Guest toyotasupra17

come on now i know atleast 98% of you want to call me a ricer or flame on me or w/e :roll: ....i just want some suggestions thats all i also plan on lambo/gullwing doors and a targa roof top like the supra....future engine mods include engine swap maybe 1jz,2jz,sr20det,or a rb swap...but right now im just looking for some nice custom body work to consider..... its going in the shop next week... soooooo please give me some suggestions or coments

Guest toyotasupra17

to wide for what?...couldnt i cut into the hood or something to allow for it being wide?....is there anyway to photoshop the celica lights on a 280z just to see what it would look like?...i dont know how to photoshop and i dont have the program but im sure someone does in here :).....as for paint i still havent decided on a color....im thinking nsx yellow,viper blue,silver,or just a nice shiny black z's look very good in black....post up all your comments and suggestions please....i need some good ideas to set me apart from other people...something no one has done

Guest toyotasupra17

as for the doors im probably going to bring the wide body into them and also the door handles will be shaved and a lambo. hindge kit is in order

Guest chip

You may want to check reaction reasearch automotive for your wider fenders. Personally, I like the look of the subtle z fenders better than the really big flairs but that's just me.

Chip

Guest toyotasupra17

yeah i know what your saying i was actually thinking of widening the whole rear of the car so its not just like a big bump around the fenders

Guest ON3GO

1st how old are you?2

2nd is this your 1st car?

thats alot of work your talking about, and to be honest the Z was never made to have all that extra weight on it.

i dont wanna knock what you wanna do because here everybody has there own ideas and such but you ask for everybodys ideas.

so heres mine.

sell the car and buy a 3rd gen 3x7.. why you may ask?

because ive seen one with a widebody kit with new celica headlights and it looked wicked.... and im not into that kind of stuff.

if you really want that crazy look then do that because it just looked sick.

now if you wanna stay with the Z then do this.

put 350Z tail lights on it, and shave the front stock headlights all together or put the new sunfire headlights in it, but make it look abit different.

as for color thats up to you but a bright orange would look nice.

and i would do the YZ widebody kit.... with a little lip spoiler.

and some 18in HRE or Fiske rims..

and leave the doors alone.

mike

Guest toyotasupra17

well i thank you very much for your ideas im actually 18, yes this is my first car...i used to work at a autobody shop i have never done custom work.... but i have the shop and all the tools and materials and a experienced auto body tech....so i think my ideas are possible and i would love to have a 3rd gen rx7 but im not one for rotary engines now i would love to have a nissan 98 240sx s14 :) but im partial to my 280 so im going to stick with the 280 does anyone here photoshop?

Guest toyotasupra17

how do i post up pics on the forums? and does anyone know of a good photoshop site who will do my request?

Guest toyotasupra17

well im having it chopped right now so just let me know how to post pics and when its done you all can drool :lol: haha

ToyotaSupra17, (what IS your name, anyway?)

A few things:

1) Discover the value of Capitalization. First letter of a sentence, proper nouns, etc. Skipping all the rules in something so small probably indicates that you'll skip them elsewhere as well. Heavily modding a car isn't something in which you'll want to be flouting the rules.

2) Avoid ingesting quite so much caffeine. 9 posts in five hours with some of them begging for responses looks a bit desperate and needy. Mountain Dew is NOT your friend.

Okay, that said...

Welcome to the board. I think your mods sound interesting, even if they're not something *I* would do. A Celica front end ( I think you're talking about the "angry bunny" headlights that climb way up into the fenders, right?) and a Supra (fourth generation, or third?) tail end grafted onto the body of an S30 Z sounds awkward, at best. I've seen an early Z front end grafted onto a 240SX, and that really seemed to work, so I guess there are cases where it can be done successfully.

Photoshop is cool, but you might want to explore a pencil and paper (and no, I'm not being a smartass). You'll learn a lot more sitting there for hours thinking it out and drawing it out than you will if someone else does all the work and you just look at the result. Remember that if all the visual elements don't integrate on the car you're planning, if it all the mods don't work in harmony with each other, you'll end up with a mishmash of visual elements that don't work with each other.

For example: Take a look at Terry's car (BlueOvalZ). Notice the way your eyes flow over the car from front to back, drawn from one element to the next. (I usually use Pete Paraska's car as an excellent example of this, but his car isn't heavily modified visually, like you're thinking about. ) Think 'Simple'. Think 'Clean'. Think 'High quality'. Distinctive elements are best used as jewelry on a beautiful woman - sparingly, and to best effect. Don't try to put EVERYTHING you like on one single car, or it will probably turn out looking like a rolling joke. Keep it simple, and you'll succeed famously.

Also, gullwing doors are a magnificently bad idea on any car that wasn't specifically designed for them. So are T-tops. Together, they form one hell of a bad idea. For your first Z, keep the body original from behind the headlight nacelles to behind the doors, and you stand a much better chance of success. Later, when you've got years of experience behind you, you can attempt to get really wild.

Just my .02. Post pics when you have them - I'd love to watch your progress!

Hmm, i would nix the celica head lights also. Imo, Zeds (yes im a Canuck :P ) have always looked the best when they're wasp-bodied. Dan Juday's comes to mind 8) If you've got money to burn, why not just go all out and have a full carbon fibre front clip made, windshield to bumper. Then complete it with headlights that look like a TVR speed 6 and throw on a rear like Terry's or Big Phils.

Guest Zachb55

uhhhhhhhhhhh..... what he said ^^^^ oh and super DITTO on the gullwing thing, just totally would require major structural work, youd be welding for those for a year!

-Zach

Guest freakypainter

unless you have alot of money to throw at your car for factory toyota parts dont try the supra lights. I have alot of expereince with cars and started to do a supra conversion and decide to go with skyline r34 lights instead. In my opinion, you would have to start with a rear body panel from a supra ($350), fit that to the rear of the z, than reshape the 1/4 panels and rear hatch and fabricate a bumper unless you want that one peice C5 corvette look. I dont think your uncle is going to do all that for free. I still have my supra lights if I havn't talked you out of it you can have them for $200.00 for the pair.18764170.jpg18767000.jpg

Guest toyotasupra17

hello scott,

My name is mike gendron. i just wanted to say thanks for your input. i really want to do the supra tail light conversion, and i was also thinking just put the whole ass end of the supra on her. as for the headlights its ethier the "bunny eyes" or the shark eyes silvia s14 which those are alot more money. i would try the whole draw it out on paper thing, but i cant draw for sh*t.see i love the way the car looks but i really want to alter the looks of it and just to let u know it will be done right not half assed. im taking out a loan to do all this if i have extra left over im doing a engine swap. probably sr20dett or a 2jz. if anyone has info on the 2jz please inform me about it like cost of complete engine and any mods that have to be done to install. i want my car to stand out from everyone's and i dont want it to look like mashed potatos everything just thrown on there it will look clean and nice. not to mention fast :) and i will keep you updated on progress. thankx for the comments keep um comin.

oh and about the supra lights if its not possible or to hard to mold the rear of the supra then ill buy just the lights thankx. ps. sorry about my grammar im not to good at it :(

~*Mike*~