HybridZ

TEC II problem

rags

Well I've tried boards that specialize in Electromotive with no luck so I have nothing to lose by posting here! My engine is running way to rich. I pull the plugs and they are soaked with gas. It almost seems like the injectors are stuck wide open but they aren't because if I disconnect the injectors, the car will start and run untill all the gas in the cylinders is burned off.I tookeverything apart again to clean the mess that all of the gas made and just for kicks I hooked up the fuel rail so I could see the injector tips. When I turned on the ignition I didn't get the wide open injector condition that I expected. But when I hit the starter, a stream of fuel that would make a Pro Stock engine run rich, shot out of each injector! Well I tried to create a new bin from a newly downloaded 2.1.2 WinTec2 and I still have the same flooding condition. Anyone have a flow chart that I can follow to troubleshoot this thing?! If you don't remember, it's a TEC II running Wintec2 v2.1.2 on a 240Z with a L28t engine. The problem started after I moved the tec unit to a new mounting location. No wires had to be redone as it only moved 2 inches. I'm about a week away from changing hobbies to making ships in bottles. It's got to be easier. Thanks for listening.

Joe

Hi rags, Sorry to see you are having trouble with your Tec2. Unfortunatley I don't know enough about the Wintec 2 software to be of any help.

Can you post the names of the forums that specialize in Electromotive?

Thanks

But when I hit the starter, a stream of fuel that would make a Pro Stock engine run rich, shot out of each injector! Well I tried to create a new bin from a newly downloaded 2.1.2 WinTec2 and I still have the same flooding condition.

So let me get this straight - did the car start and run properly before moving the TEC? No wiring change whatsoever? Not even ground connections? No calibration changes before this started?

First off, I would go and check all of the wiring connections at the stupid green connectors - one or more of these could have pulled loose from moving the harness around.

This really sounds like a ground shift problem being introduced by the high current draw of the starter.

I've found nothing. Still the same problem. Tonight I will rewire the injector side of the TEC. I spoke with Fred yesterday and he also thinks it's a grounding issue. I don't think it is but I'm not going to be stubborn and do what he suggests. What do I have to lose at thins point, a few hours? I'll keep everyone informed as to what cures the problem.

Joe

I have to give credit where credit is due. TimZ and said the problem sounded like a grounding problem and Fred from Electromotive said to check the MAP sensor. So tonight I concentrated on both of those leads and what did I find? A broken s ground for the MAP sensor inside the cable!! Ohmed out the cable and it was the first wire I checked! Changed the cable with a piece of cable from another comm cable I had and we are back in business. Time to tune!!! Thanks guy's!

Joe

rags, Great news! :cheers: One thing you might want to do is change your oil. The excess fuel probably diluted your oil a bit.

Can you send me the name of the forums that discuss Electromotive?

Thanks much!!!

Glad that worked out. The MAP sensor ground makes perfect sense - you were most likely getting some signal out of the MAP with just the power and signal connections which maybe looked sensible. But when the starter kicked in, without a solid ground reference the MAP signal probably shifted abruptly. The TEC probably thought it was seeing a really high MAP pressure, and tried to compensate.