HybridZ

UNBELIEVABLE ONE THING AFTER ANOTHER.....HELP!

Well, I was going to drop the engine in this weekend....got my final parts (shorter Pushrods 7.195 inches for hydraulic roller vice 7.8 for non roller) put them all in after making sure they were filled will oil. I set my preloads and turned the engine over by hand etc...all seemed well....THEN..one of my push rods just fell out and was dangling...WTF? Well further inspection showed that the lifter collasped...like there was nothing in the lifter tube but airspace. This sucks because the retrofit replacement for ONE lifter (pair) is $72 total. I ordered one never the less. Now I have to wait another week for it to get here...JAPAN. Has anyone ever had this problem out of the box? One out of 16 is a blessing but damn. I haven't had very good luck with Summit. This is the second time (before was piston type) that they told me my current lifters were discontinued and are sending me the recommended replacement. WHY do they sell you somnething that they know has been replaced. To clear stock I guess. They did the same with my Hypers and I had to get a whole new set because the old style was obsolete two months after I bought them. Im starting to hate Summit and there ideoligy. Is there a fix for the lifter or did I do the right thing in getting another one? Moral of the story is when you order from Summit/Jegs, make sure you ask them if the parts your ordering are current up to date and if not, dont get em....thanks for listening.....Im stressing out over here...cant wait to get back to the USA!

Corzette :evil:

Is this the only lifter that will work in your application? If not, I'd be REAL tempted to send the whole set back and have them exchange it for another manufacturer's product. Seems to me that if one lifter has failed right out of the box, I would never feel confident that the others would last 100,000 miles.

If Summit gives you that sort of problems, maybe you should switch your business to Jeg's or PAW? You're right - selling out-of-stock merchandise isn't cool.

Guest Want aZ

yep I would be pulling it apart and sending the whole lot back to them, for either a replacement set, or MY MONEY BACK, Its simple business, know it can suck being overseas as I've spent some time overseas myself; (Panama, Germany) but alas my military career is almost finished...9 months left and I will retire to South Fla...

Damon