HybridZ

Any Orlando Z boys here ??

Guest 1SickZ

There are a few of us that hang out here.

Scottie-GNZ - Buick Grand National powered 240Z (Very trick & very fast)

Z-Gad - 3.1 turbo stroker powered 280Z

280Zen - N/A 280ZX

I am the non runner in the crowd as you can see by my sig pic.

Welcome to the board and you should join us in September for the next Southeast ZCar Shootout. Check it out http://www.hybridz.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=151184&highlight=#151184

Guest 1SickZ

Sweet i have spoken with scottie at the track. and went to the central florida Z meet the other saturday.

you guys meet up ever ?

Next Wed or Fri night depending on the progress getting a e-boost controller setup and dialed in.

We seem to have enough folks in the Central FL area for our own performance-oriented gatherings. Are you all game for setting something up, maybe meet monthly + track visits?

Guest Want aZ

Scottie,

You can add me to that list starting in MAR04 as I am retiring from 20 years in the military and my wife and I are going to be setteling in Central Fla as well, Orlando, Fort Myers,or possibly Tampa, just depends where I can get the most $$$.

Know of anyone needing someone in Engineering Mgt, or Construction / Project Mgt???

Damon

Guest 1SickZ

I'm down

My car is currently down for major modifications but should be up in abt 3 weeks

i need help picking turbo!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cry:

LOL, I'd need to do some serious mods to get my car ready for track time. All the suspension needs redoing, I've still got a cold start idle issue, better tires might help :D I've got a bigger throttle body but need to pick up the 1" spacer before adding that to the car, I've also got a rebuilt T5 and fairly new centerforce duel friction clutch that needs to be pulled from one of my parts cars and installed.

If you were at the Z rally last month we may have run into each other! ZGad was there for awhile, I spent all day there

Want aZ, there should be plenty of work here in Orlando or Tampa for your field, Ft Myers may not have as much but I really would not know since its a good ways away from here.

Do not mean to imply that anyone has to race, just that the track would be another place for a gathering since several of us frequent it.

I meant to attend the Z show but someone came down from Ohio to buy Misred's GN drivetrain to swap into a 280Z of all things. Misred had a serious accident and needed a hand and the person did not show up until about 1pm. BTW, the person has never been on the forum and even though I encouraged him, he did not seem like the type that frequents the Internet.

Guest 1SickZ

Hey scottie you ight remember me i have a 86 red 300zx met you at the track.

anyways im doing a massive upgrade finally bigger injectors ecu better intercooler and a bigger turbo. hehe can't wait.

Anyways i purchased a turbo today let me know what you think,

60-1 .63 turbine housing .69 stage 4 wheel clipped -10 degrees.

told it will handle 25psi and make abt 550hp had it on another 300 and they said it made 380hp at 13 lbs which is alot i made 245hp and 347 torque on stock t-3 and fuel @ 13psi any opinions ?

heh, no problem there! I just would not want to give the Z's a bad name :wink: by doing a 20sec 1/4 time :wink: I'd probably stall trying to drop the clutch on the line. I would love to meet and hang out with you guys, I know so little about these cars and cars in general. This is a new adventure for me!

ISickS,

I am terrible with names but somehow Mike comes to mine. I think I know too many Mikes. Yes, I remember you installed a FMIC and was pondering what tires to use because you were having traction problems.

280Zen,

it is not about how quick you are compared to others, but just having fun and getting the experience. It is still a rush whether you are doing 10s or 17s. 20s I am not so sure about :D :D

Mike,

things are coming along with the mods and should be ready for Wed but I will be there regardless to see how you run with a "real" clutch.

How about all the Orlando area folks plan on coming out to Speedworld Wed night? 1st meeting of the Mouse Performance Z-car club. No wait, mouse would imply SBC and I do not think there is one in the crowd :D

We should start doing some Speedworld meets. I won't be back in Orlando until school starts again. Right now I am in Ft. Lauderdale, should be back at UCF in mid August. The only Z I have right now is down here in Ft. Lauderdale and runs, but needs to be fully restored to its original form. I'm no purist but this Z is too nice and too original to go Hybrid. I do have a couple friends in Orlando with mild Z32 TT's that usually run low 13's/ high 12's. If I could ever find a Z around here for cheap enough thats not 90% rust I would start my Hybrid project. I guess I'll just have to get an AZ car or something...

How about all the Orlando area folks plan on coming out to Speedworld Wed night? 1st meeting of the Mouse Performance Z-car club. No wait, mouse would imply SBC and I do not think there is one in the crowd :D

Wednesday night sounds good, I'll be there.

I'm planning a SBC swap but we all know how far off that will be :bonk: On a more serious note I just closed on a second mortgage that will pay everything off so hopefully more funds will be available for the Z. I am doubting my metal fabrication skills so I am meeting with a guy this week to see about him fabricating the sub frame connectors and front frame rails for me.