HybridZ

JTR Manual Wanted

Guest Want aZ

Guest Want aZ

All right all you Pros out there I am looking for a JTR INstall Manual, If anyone that has done the conversion and wants to part with their manual I am willing to buy....Right now I have 2 years left in the military and am currently looking for a potential transplant candidate

Everything that Ive found so far leads me to go with the Later 280Z, stronger frames, is this correct???

Will probably build my own engine, SB Chevy, Factory 350HP-327 cam, hipo oil pump, Edelbrock Performer heads and Intake, with a BG Venturi Injection FI, headers, and either a WC T-5 or T-56...Any thoughts on this combination... Wife has gicven the Go ahead for the purchases....

You may want to use the sites search function and read up on the Edelbrock heads. There are a lot of other heads in the same price range that blow them away! Also, there are a lot of really good aftermarket cam grinds that have much better technology than the 350hp cam. That was a great cam 30 years ago. Look at the Comp Cams Xtreme Energy series. They are dual pattern cams that give you a better torque cure. As for the intake a lot of people are going with a single plane intake for the Zs. As I talk to the real street warriors I am learning more and more that you can throw a lot of the conventional wisdom about street engines out the door! This would be a great setup for about the same cash!

Dart Pro 1 heads (use the 215 intake runners)

Edelbrock Victor Jr. intake

Comp cams XE274 cam

You can price all these items at summit racing web site

summit

This setup should give you around 430hp and 410lbs/ft of torque.

As for the year Z you want the early and the late both have their advantages. The newer ones are made of a little thicker steel but are weigh more. I just happen to like the looks of the 240 over the 280 myself. One thing to keep in mind is you will probably have to fortify the frame some no matter which one you go with. I personally would just look for the best deal!

That's some Great advice:

327-350 cam: Nice lopey idle, somewhat low vacuum, not a lot of lift (.447 w/ 1.5:1 rockers), alot of seat timing (I've seen it advertised to as much as 306 deg) and not alot of 0.050" timing (222 deg). That's a REALLY slow ramp. You give up a bunch of low speed torque, but the lift limits performance on the top. I agree with going with something like the xe274 or the xs274.

I had that cam in a 10:1 327 years ago (20 years ago) and it was a DOG until 3000+ rpm but rocked decent after that.

Don't forget the Canfield heads (seach here, Grumpyvette always posts a link). Great value for what's included.