HybridZ

What is a good clutch and flywheel combo?

KG78Z

:?: I am fiannly getting my turbo engine installed in my 78 280Z. Since it took longer than I thought it would I can now do a flywheel and clutch. What upgrades are there? Who has a setup that they are happy with? I am open to ideas and any help is greatly appreciated?

Thanks

KG78Z

the turbo flywheel is 240mm and the stock clutch for it is a nice heavy duty unit from the factory, in a light car it should do ok i think.

i run a 225mm flywheel and clutch, and its holding up great.

i hear good things about ACT and EXEDY clutches, and ive heard ACT is really an EXEDY clutch with a yellow pressure plate and markup.

the 240mm clutch and flywheel is cool if you already have it, but if you dont, i dont think you will have a problem with the smaller setup if you get a clutch rated for whatever torque and hp goals you have in mind from ACT, EXEDY, or whoever. I run a custom clutch from my man downtown, i painted his chevelle for him for player price and in turn, i get these really good looking clutches that hit psychotically for almost nothing, well, i trade the man his bad habit and some cash for awesome clutch setups. I love this game...