HybridZ

what size intake elbow do I need for k&n?

jmead

I'd like to switch from my stock airbox to a K&N CAI. I know MSA sells kits for ~100, but I noticed summit sells universal K&N cone filters for around $40 each. As long as I can find the elbow I need for under $60 I'll still come out on top here. I just need to know where to get an elbow that will fit, or at least the dimensions so I can find one that is pretty close to what MSA sells. I plan on installing a 60mm throttle body as soon as my spacer comes in, and I think this would be a good time to upgrade the rest of the intake.

Thanks for any help

Summit or whatever company you buy through should list or be able to tell you what diameter the outlet of the filter is. I think 3" is a common size? I dunno, my K&N was off a DSM and has a funky oval shape :P real pain in the butt. A universal one should have a more convenient circular shape. You can probably go down to your local hardware store's plumbing section and find PVC/plastic piping, elbows, connectors, reducers etc. that you can glue together, if you're like me and can deal with the "rigged" look.

Guest 240hybrid

Why not just buy a 90* of 3 inch mandrel bend....might be more than the ole home depot deal, but will look much nicer I would think. Also you can tig weld a small piece of metal onto it with a 90* bend to mount to your radiator crossmember so the filter/intake isnt flappin in the breeze. Just my $0.02.

Chase Morrison