HybridZ

Carlisle Kit Car show

VRJoe

Just got back from Carlisle. It rained a bit, but boy did I find some bargins. :D The rain kept folks away so vendors were dealing left and right. There were some interesitng cars for sure. Ran into one fellow with a 300ZX, but didn't see any 250GTOs :cry: A bunch of Fiero-Ferraris. There was a real nice Beck Spider, and of course Cobras out the gills. Always worth the trip, just sometimes better than others.

- Joe

Joe, I just talked to a friend and Z freak (has a Cobra Daytona body kitted 240Z). He went and said it was MUCH better than in the past. Lots of very well engineered cars. Like a street legal 70s Lola with a SBC, Kinsler EFI, yada, yada. He said there were many nicely done hand built cars there, not just the typical Fiero body kit.

The nice thing is that the Sound competition crowd is now on another day.

Pete, It was a great show as always. The Compact Car folks caused so many problems that the show has been cancelled (there was a post about it a while ago). I talked with a few people about it and they said that they just got out of control. It's ashame, but they cost themselves one of the largest Compact Car shows.

At the Kit Car show you'd have loved a few of the cars. The T-70 looked great, I'd love to see a coupe. There was a F-50 clone built on a Firebird that was for sale. It was made for a movie and was supposed to be destroyed when the movie was finished, but wasn't. Ferrari sued and lost, so it's a one off, nicely done. Factory Five showed their new drop top Daytona ... oooooohhhhhhhh....... looks good. How about a street legal Indy car, uses a Chrysler 3.5L V6. I could go on for a while. It's become one of the "can't miss" shows for me. Let's see now, cars, tools, cars, parts, cars, informative people, cars ..... what more could you ask for.

- Joe