HybridZ

88 3.7 LSD install

240hoke

I just picked up a '88 3.7 LSD today and and trying to put together pices for the swap into my 260z.

From what i've read i will need to replace the flange on the front, along with the driveshaft, halfshafts, and rear diff mount bar. Im kinda confused on the halfshafts, what year do i need? On brian littles's webpage it says the r180 halfshafts and driveshaft will work but i haven't seen this anywhere else, but i can't find a definite answer.

Also I would like to keep the rear cover and have seen several custom rear crossmembers made, curious if anyone has some pictures or deminsion of theirs. Or am i wasting my time keeping the finned cover?

Is their anything else i need?

Thanks

-Austin

was it off an all white 300? they are a vlsd and require more mods. it will also have a sticker saying vlsd on the cover. if not then i would swap over to the z31 turbo cv halfshafts instead of the u-jointed ones at the same time. it requires some mods but will be stronger. check out http://www.modern-motorsports.com for info on the adapters. the ones shown are for the 280zxt cv's but Ross makes the 300zxt ones also.