HybridZ

Engine Identification??

Well guys just picked up a 350 from the bone yard. I was wondering if someone with access to engine castings could tell me what I have? The stamped number on the deck infront of #1 pistion is as follows, V0928TFJ 197502602. I would love to know what compression ratio the engine had and how big the combustion chambers were on the heads.

The guy at the yard told me he didnt know anything about the block and that he it was as is for $100 without the heads. Well when I take it apart its like bran new inside! There was almost no groove in the cylinders and you could still see cross hatching. Best part is its standard bore! All of the main and rod bearings looked new and they were the original factory bearings maked with a date 8 78. the lifters didnt even have a mark from the cam. I may just go ahead and reuse the pistons, they have a slight dish but I think they may go well with my 64cc heads.

I tried to find the number in my SBC parts interchange manual, but it doesnt match anything listed in there. There should be another number at the rear of the block just behind the cylinder head on the drivers side of the engine. It should be a 7 digit number and will most likely have a large "GM" cast right above it. If you can give me that number I should be able to find it in the book.