HybridZ

Info on this z

Guest axelr8

Guest axelr8

Anyone have information on this z? Anyone know what colour was used? Where can i find these flares? It looks like the flares and the bit under the door is different colour... again what colour was used? My car (260z) is in the process of getting a baremetal respray and i was having trouble deciding which colour to go with, until i saw this car, i was inspired by it and have decided to make mine look similar. So any help would be appreciated.

zcar02.jpg

Guest Zachb55

in my photo gallery (somewhere) i have another view of that car, i htink the under door area is the same color, and i know those flares have been talked about before but i believe they are from MSA (a little help guys?). check the link below, sorry dude im too lazy to find the exact adress of the pic. :P

-Zach

Flares are MSA "Street Flares" not molded into the body, just riveted on. The color (although it is impossible to tell from a screen) looks like silver with complementing "gunmetal" grey metallic flares.

Without an exact paint code, you will NEVER duplicate this color. My advice would be to pick a silver color you like and then a complementing gunmetal color for the flares. Than, go from there. Reality is better then the screen in other words.

Davy

I think, Diggin' back in the cranium here, but I think that car no longer has those flares on it. Those guys were at the MSA 2001 AutoX school and those wheels are FIKSE's. They removed those flares back in either 99 or 2000 and had a custom shop HAND MAKE some steel flares after the car was hit in a parking lot and one rear fender was damaged. I'm going on three year old memory here, but I'm about 95% sure that's the story. Oh, and the new fenders are painted the same color as the rest of the car, as is the spoiler and rockers. That car is GORGIOUS in person, and I had a TON of pics of it that got gobbles up in a hard drive crash!

:D Mike