HybridZ

VG30DE piston specs

DAW

• 1 month later...

I've not come across any data on the VG30DE, but I've read and written down the Piston Comp.Height for the VG30E...which was 31.75mm or 1.25"

As for the pin diam; who knows.

This is the part that I hate about technical write ups on any engine; very rarely will the author give the Piston Comp.Ht nor the Block Deck Heights: and often times they wont even give the Con.Rod lengths :?

Here is a simple request from me-going out to anyone who creates their own website representing their engine/car build....Please include the Piston Comp.Height & Block Deck Height on your engines! Thanks in advance 8)

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

FWIW, WISECO Pistons lists their aftermarket Piston Comp.Height for a VG30DETT to be 1.260" with a Pin Diameter of .866" or 22mm.

KB Piston's list their Piston Comp.Ht. for their VG30E as 1.25" also and its Pin Diameter of .8259" Offset.

Doesnt appear that anyone actually lists the VG30D, as in listing the VG30 w/a "D": yet, they list the VG30 in other ways.

If you are working calculations for this engine it appears you could probably assume a Piston Comp.Ht of 1.250 to 1.260" and you should be safe.

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, mystery solved: yippie-yahoo. I found the VG30DE piston on the Arias Pistons site. It indicates a:

1.255" Piston Compression Height

10.6 Compression Ratio when using 49.5cc Cyl.Head Combustion Chambers

FWIW: the rod length was 6.071

This listing was good for Nissan 3.0 L VG30DE DOHC 24v, 90-96 300ZX Non Turbo.

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)