HybridZ

this might be a dumb question .....but I need 2 know

Guest loco280zx

Guest loco280zx

I put in a post about installing a full posi- rear end. A guy mentioned the LSD from MSA. It costs around $700. Is this a full posi and how does it work? Do both wheels spin or do I still have just a one-legged 83' NA 280ZX. Im setting her up for around 450hp sbc 350 and th350 tranny. I think I have r200. I pretty much don't understand the whole lsd thing. Any info would be extremely appreciated. :shock:

Positraction is GM's trademarked name for their corporate limited slip originally supplied by Eaton. Positrac, Trak-Lok, Traction Lock, Sure Grip, Twin Grip, are all trademarked names for clutch type limited slips.

The one from MSA is the same one from NISMO which is the same for all intents and purposes as the 87-89 turbo ZX diff. They were originally made by Fuji Heavy Industries (Which owns Subaru and why they have R diffs as well) and now a subsidiary Tokigi Fuji. This diff is also sold by Reider Racing as a Precision gear piece. They "only" want $550 for theirs however. But they seem to have trouble getting them.

If you buy the bare LSD this way, you will have to have it installed professionally or do a significant amount of research and pony up for a few special tools to do this yourself.

See Stony's post about swapping 3.54 into 3.70 LSD carrier.

Guest loco280zx

So instead of buying a lsd from MSA , I could snag one off of a 87-89 300zx? If so are there any modifications nesescary for instillation? By the way thank you for the explanation, it really cleared me up :D