HybridZ

the center console?

there wasnt an interior section, so i figured id post here and let a mod move it if needed, if it is moved please pm me and let me know where it goes. anyway...

Has anyone ever done anything with the center part of the dash (A/c control, stereo, vent) to make it look more modern. Im trying to blend old with new on the car and the best thing i can come up with to hide the ugly ac control and vent, is to move the controller into the glove box. IF anyone knows or has pictures or has seen anything to make it look nicer, id appreciate it. I know it would be tough to move since its manual ac and all but i figured id give it a shot, ill probably just end up modding it and painting it or something. by the way, my car is a 72 240z.

yah, i thought about making a new panel, i want to retain the AC, seeing as it is primarily a street car, i thought about stealing all the electornics from the supra and using the supras AC panel but that would be a huge pain in the ass. I wont cut out the cd player though..I want that in the center console. I also need to figure out if i can locate the plaque on my dash (the one from road atlanta) to put a tv screen in and slide a dvd player into the glovebox. Also, if anyone has any good pics of good sound systems id appreciate it.

I had an idea for all aluminum center section (A/C control, Radio, etc…) that I thought

was original until I saw BRAD D’s laser cut panel. Nice job!

My idea was a bit different though.

At the top where he has two gauges I was going to put two WEMAC “eyeball†air

vents, and if room permits, a gauge of some sort.

For the bottom section I was going to stick in a Alpine CDA-9807 because it's a nice unit,

it looks aluminum, and has blue lighting.

For the A/C control section I had several ideas to achieve the same basic effect of blue back-

lighting. First was to bond a piece of .020" aluminum to a .250" piece of acrylic Plexiglas

and machine the control slots and fan switch hole. Then have somebody (Trophy shop?) engrave

through the aluminum the text. Then using blue LED's to create the back-lighting.

My second idea was basically the same but to replace the LED's with a Electroluminescent sheet.

The third idea was to sandwich together Plexiglas (and/or aluminum), Electroluminescent sheet, and finally a

custom cut brushed chrome vinyl sheet I have friend who has the equipment to cut custom vinyl.

I was also planning on making all aluminum A/C control knobs. (I have access to a mill and Lathe.)

I though all of this would look nice with SpeedHuts's EL Gauge faces. (reverse EL-Glo). But it's not

looking good for those gauge faces. Simply not enough orders. I am now concidering making my own

with more custom vinyl and Electroluminescent sheet.