HybridZ

z diff

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

i would like to know how my 260z diff is going to be when i install a 327 in her .

the motor should have about 360 hp at the flywheel fingers crossed.

it is a manual i am told that the diff should be good for it the ratio is 3.54:1,

the mounts look a little girlie to me????

can anybody give me some idea.

the r200 should be fine, i would get a new diff mount and find some way to keep it from nosing up from acceleration, thats what tears up the mount the most, i wraped a 3/16 plastic coated cable four times around mount and xmember, and then four times around the top of the diff to the xmember, replacd the arrestor strap with a nylon strap, and installed a bumpstop from energy suspension in it, i just did this last week, havent driven the car hard, but it works good, and for the two years previous to that the stock setup held up fine.

the mustache bar, or the longditudal leaf spring torsion bar behind the diff, that held up fine, but check the two holes, if there are ovalish, thats indicates its wearing, i cracked mine at this point once, also polyurethane bushing at the mounting point ends are a good thing. with good bushings and a secure front mount you should be good to go player.