HybridZ

Turbo Swap Q: ZX Turbo Auto Driveshaft rumor..Will it fit?

For a while now I've been hearing that the driveshaft out of a auto zx turbo will fit w/out cutting into a series 1 (for the turbo swap). I'm trying to decide what to do about the driveshaft for my '70/l28t and have heard that it works. Anyone have any experience or words of wisdom?

Thanks.

Dat240zg

I'm not sure if the 70's and 73's are any different, which i doubt they are but, i put an L28ET with a BW-T5, the '82 DS and the R200 3.54 with CV's out of the same car into my '73. Only thing i had to do is fabricate new mounting locations on the T5 to line up with the existing '73 trans mounts. Also, i measured the T5 and a NA '78 5 speed while i had them out and they where within 1/8" difference between the two, bell to end of tailshaft. Not sure if this will help, just sharing my experiece. Good luck.

No problem. Wish i had an extra for ya. What are you going to do for a rear? From what i've read, the turbo DS wont bolt up to a N/A rear because of the differently configured bolt pattern on the flanges. Guess i should have mentioned that before :shock: Sorry. Length-wise, it should be fine if you use a R200 with it's mustache bar that sets the rear back a little more. I know it sounds like i'm giving you only half the info you need but it's all i've got experience with. Sorry. Good luck and thanks.