HybridZ

HEADLIGHTS

jzd14

hey guys, my headlights suck!!!!

I have a '73z and i converted the stock halogen headlights to h4 using a housing from a company called eurolite

I have a GM 100amp alternator on my car and i bought some PIAA 135/125w xenon bulbs

My headlights are still pretty dim though, and when i aim the headlights so the low beams are aimed correctly, then i turn on the high beams and they're pointing at the sky

If i aim the high beams correctly, then the low beams are nowhere near correct

I think these reflectors are to blame

Has anybody ever used these eurolite headlamps? What did u think of them?

I want to know what you guys have done to make your healights brighter

I'm not just looking for brighter, but i also want an excellent beam pattern (for high and low beams :roll: )

Has anybody here used a different brand h4 conversion that has worked well?

Also, any insight into the new HID conversion kits will help: Are they any good? WHat's this 2nd generation HID i've heard about? Are they worth the high $?

Lastly, I also want a good pair of driving lights (i don't care what shape they are- oval or round or rectangular)

I will be doing a lot of at night highway driving and want to be able to see EVERYTHING that may happen in front of and to the side of me

Has anyone had any luck with a certain brand or type of driving light?

I've looked at hella and PIAA but there seems to be just too many to choose from, and not enough info on them

Hella has a really nice website that shows beam patterns and brightnesses for a few of their products but i can't seem to find those same driving lights anywhere for sale

Your help is EXTREMELY appreciated

Thanks very much, sorry for the length

-Dutch

The performance of your headlights will always 'suck' unless you start using relays to handle the power that goes to them. Many guys are using the stock headlights with ONLY a relay and voila, instant light upgrade. I don't have time to post any links or threads here, but all this information is waiting in the archives.

Davy

Guest zfan

I did both and like them alot. Used 10 and 12 gauge wire, 2 30 amp inline fuses with two relays..Thanks for the info Pete P. I also upgraded to 90/110 bulbs. They come with the kit sold on ebay for 50-80 bucks.

Look at Pete's great website. Plenty of great info.

Mike