HybridZ

CorZette In Japan Question...

Hey guys, I am continuing my restore and V8 swap etc... on my 73 240 but I need to know something...I have the JTR set back mounting plates and I need to know what the bolt sizes and lengths I need to mount the plates and motor mounts are and how many each etc. I am in Japan and METRIC rules here so I have to get my bolts from the states being easier I think. They have International bolts but I need the info so I can procure....CAN SOMEONE HELP Please!!!!? Also, does anyone have a set of motor mounts they want to get rid of for the JTR conversion or maybe where I can get a set? Thanks!!!!

CorZette

Guest Anonymous

If no one can answer your quetions, e-mail me in a week and I will pull out all the bolts and measure them on my dummy engine set up. If I remember right they are all coarse thread 3/8 ths in about 3 different lengthes and you will defintely want grade 8 strength. Your motor mount question should be answered in The JTR manual if you want to know the years of chevy pick-ups (and my wife has found a new hiding place for my JTR manual and it will come looking for me in a few days). GM dealers sell the mounts for a little over $50.00 a pair and a parts house for less than $20.00. I picked up a set of GM on eBay for $5.oo plus shipping and also a pair out of a parts house for $16.00.

Guest Anonymous

The motor mount bolt sizes are in GRADE 8 : Passenger side; three (3)-3/8 -16 UNC X 3 1/2 inches long and... Two (2)-3/8 - 16 UNC X 1 1/4 inches long of which I attached nuts and washers to the back of the set-back (five total bolts) plate....................................... Driver side; (six total bolts) Three (3)-3/8-16 UNC X 4 1/2 inches long and... Three (3)-3/8-16 UNC X 1 1/4 inches long of which I attached nuts and washers to the back of both the set back plates' tapped and threaded 3/8-16 UNC holes as a precaution! When I went to school the teachers forbid us to write in the books ,now I have a JTR Manual that I own and can't seem to write in because of teacher retaliation. I am going to write all over that manual with information for future reference. Yes!!!!! NION a set of genuine 1965-72 Chevy truck GM motor mounts #3990332 off eBay for a little over $8.00 from a fellow that mounted a SBC to an engine stand and forgot what the motor mounts specifically fit. He posted a picture with the uniidentified chev mounts and I knew evxactly what they were for. I was the only bidder at $5.00. The downside is I spend many hours literally scouring auctions looking for deals but for entertainment I enjoy nothing more than hunting bargains and bragging about my finds.