HybridZ

ID this turbine wheel

I just got my T3/T04E today. Looked it over and noticed that the turbine has 11 blades. I had spec'ed a GT stage 3 10 blade, so I was a little surprised. Took the turbine housing off and measured it. The turbine housing is a Turbonetics Stage 1, P/n 20358-1, .63 A/R. The wheel is an 11 blade, Includer - 2.531" Excluder - 2.220". Is it a stage 1 or 3 wheel?

Got ahold of the company that built the turbo - confirmed that it is a Stage 3 wheel. Apparently Garrett doesn't build a Stage 3 10 blade wheel for use in the T3 series. The GT wheel has a shorter shaft that won't fit the center section - only fits the BB cartridge. I guess the 10 blade Stage 3 comes from Turbonetics or ???

Yeah turbonetics has one, although I am not sure I buy that story. Have you called another supplier to find out if it is true?

I had an 11 blade one, and it worked pretty well, so I would not be all bent out of shape, but they should have told you what they were doing BEFORE they sent it to you. That is bad customer service if you ask me.

I'm thinking discount or something.