HybridZ

What's the cost on a 2.8L turbo motor these days?

opie

I sold one last year and am buying another for myself. I've located a few more and wondered if it would be worth buying them all. I've been told they will sell for double the price I sold my last one. Just curious.

Guest JAMIE T

I bought one back in January for $650. Complete motor, harness, ECU, AFM, turbo, downpipe, etc...

I'd expect that to be the currant going price. Others have gotten them for $300, Then some others have bought complete running ZXT's for around $600.

Guest thepenguin99

I dont know how far you really want to drive to pick one up but I have a 1981 zxt automatic with complete drivetrain I would sell for $300 (whole car) just north of Memphis, TN. Been sitting about a year but ran fine a year ago. Only thing I can see you having to do would be rebuild the turbo if it locked up (it may be fine but I really dunno after it sitting). Car is pretty trashed other than the drivetrain (some good parts but not something I would fix up) and I used the alloy wheels, t-tops, seats and maybe some other small stuff I cant remember.

Guest Damn Cracker

is there any place, a junk yard, etc., that specializes and sells them? or do you need to get one from a private party?

The one I'm getting is burned up from the rear. Looks like the gas line at the tank burst and burned the rear and cabin of the car. The engine compartment is still untouched. I'm giving 150 plus whatever the towing is. Minus the wheels, the CVs are junk, the trans is an auto. So, I'm getting the motor with P90 head/auto trans and all under hood stuff for 150 plus towing. VIEW WITH CAUTION!

http://www.geocities.com/yqtnxnb/280ZX.html?1055363827668