HybridZ

LS1 / T56 Update #22 - First Checkup

Took the car in for a once-over last night. I've put about 350 miles on it in the last 9 days. Corrected a minor wiring problem and trouble-shot a few other minor problems. Checked tighness on all the hose clamps, mounting bolts etc.

Car has no fluid leaks, no gas, no oil, no water. Couple hose clamps were loose but all are tight now. Suspension and drive-train were tight. You can see in the rear suspension bushings where the tires have been trying to drive it forward so they are seeing the load but handling it. Rear sway bar is just touching the main bolts holding the lower trailng arms on but not getting any noise out of it. New Mustache bar is solid and repositioned R200 has done wonders for wheel hop. Notice that check engine light is intermittent. Probably a bad bulb socket as we're using the old "fasten seatbelts" light for that function and it's been sitting there 25 years and corroding. AC is not as strong as it should be but with 150 psi discharge and 15-20 psi suction it is probably a bad expansion valve. I'm going to get a new one and see if that doesn't help. Car drives good. It is predictable and appears to be really solid at this point.

Sounds good. I found it difficult to force myself to not drive it but get back under it and check stuff once it FINALLY hit the road. Good move.

Can you give some details or point to a thread here on how you raised your R200?

Thanks