HybridZ

280Z28 VS Z28

Phantom

Got into it with a Z28 this morning. It was closer than it should have been but I got him. Rolling start - he had automatic and I was in second - bad choice. He jumped me right away but the LS1 finally started winding out and I pulled him as I was shifting to third. I work with the guy so I'll track him down later and get his side of it.

I cant believe it was close. I mean I know you have the same engine and all but your car weighs like 500lbs less, atleast! Of course he doesn have big fat tires and you dont. Next time you will have to try a little bit harder and really show him a thing or too! :D:twisted:

Guy

Just goes to show that it's all in the driver. The LS1 doesn't pull very well in 2nd gear at 10 MPH. If we had been at 30 or I had been in first he would have been just a distant memory. As it was he now has a false sense of power.

Yeah I have a buddy of mine who "might" buy a 2000+ Camaro Z28. He said its going to "wax my ass!" I told him I really doubt it but you can say all you want but untill you have the car all your doing is talking crap! That car out weights my car by 500+ lbs and it will have almost 100HP less than mine, so I say "do the math and then start talking!"

Guy