HybridZ

Mount BOV on IC tank?

Guest JAMIE T

Guest JAMIE T

I've seen this on some intercoolers. The BOV(or bypass valve for those who don't like the noise) Mounted direcly to an end tank. Is this dumb? Not worth the trouble? I'm building my own IC tanks and figured I'd ask here. It seems like it wouldn't really matter were it's located. I've heard some say closer to the Turbo, then others say closer to the TB.

I've got a special super cheap(but some fancy welding) IC idea. I'll post pics when it's done.

Guest Zcarsmakemyheadhurt

That will work, I have mounted on the tank and a second on the charge pipe to the Tbody on large turbo cars. What size turbo?

Guest z1 performance

Depends how you route your piping. The idea is to get the BOV as close to the throttle body as possible (so the air cannot revert back to the turbo once the butterfly closes). The WRX makes great use of this system by having the top mount IC (so its as close as you can get to the TB!)

Guest JAMIE T
That is a stupid idea

LOL, James, Why don't you just email me ALL of the pics of your car, and I can just copy it.(joke) Are you bypassing or venting?

I'd just like to keep the tubing smooth, and without zits. I'm going to make the pipes as continues as possible, and have few hose connections.