HybridZ

where could i find new dashes

Guest sukow2001

Guest sukow2001

I have a 1982 n/a 280zx, with a bad dash. I was wondering where I could get a new dash, or a different dash that isn't stock. I also want to stay away from dash caps

If you wanted to go super light weight, you could get one of the complete dash caps from MSA and build a tube frame underneath it to support your gauges. Dont know how well that thin plastic would hold up to sunlight and heat though.

Mike

Guest EnthuZiast

I have the same thing going on w/ my '79 and I just bought a good condition dash from a guy parting a ZX. My advise would be keep your eyes open.

I would be curious if we could get some sort of different dash for the ZXs. It could be pretty cool.

Jim Kirk from Dashboard Restorations has made an offer over at the Classic Z Car Forum

Hi Gentlemen, Just wanted to say how flattered we are by Alan Pughs comments regarding our service.

We would like to offer all your members an opportunity which should provide you a less costly restoration, by dealing direct with our factory.

If you are able to co-ordinate a multi unit shipment (say 8-10 plus units), we would be pleased to offer you a price break on the actual restoration itself, and also freight costs.

It would mean that someone would need to co-ordinate the units, and find an airfreight agent (Danzas AEI, Emery etc), to handle your shipment from a central collection point, direct to our Brisbane factory and return.

Airfreight is based on cubic weight so the more units in the shipment, the cheaper the overall freight per unit.

Actual airfreight transit time is less than three days. Factory turnaround is about fifteen working days.

Just a thought, however, please feel free to contact us for any information or advice you may require.

We also restore consoles.

Thank you and best regards from down-under. Jim

Just though you'd like to know, and maybe get a chance to participate.