HybridZ

Need Brake Lamp Sockets

TomoHawk

The left side socket for the brake lamp is kaput, or just doesn't work right. I would like to replace it, so is there an equivalent from a later model car? If I can't get one that locks in like the original, I would just glue it on until I do the GTO conversion. Which will probably be in the fall or next spring, so I need both brake lights working.

thx.

He said in the description ythat it wouldn't fit a 260 or 280, so I wouldn't take a chance at wasting the money. I looked at the HELP! brand stuff at the local Auto parts, and it looks like one might be able to fit the lamp assy., maybe with some mods. Otherwise I'll just silicone it in there.

Thx any way.

The AP store only had Ford & GM sockets, so I did 2 things:

1. Got some new guts to replace the old contacts in the socket. It all went together fine, except I cut the ground wire short when I removed the socket :oops: and it wasn't easy getting the crimp apart for the new ground wire. The contacts went in easy. I just gotta figure out which wire is which filament.

2. Got a universal push-in type socket with GROUND WIRE for the last choice. It just pushes in, so it'll definitely work , but ditto again on the wires.

Either way. I'll have both grake lights again. Next time I go to the JY, I'll take the template on the socket hole I made to check out the Nissans, etc.