HybridZ

DFW Fast & Furious

Phantom

Saturday night I was on my way home with my wife after a church colege & career group function and saw a bunch of cars & guys hanging out in a furniture store parking lot in Fort Worth. What the heck - I pulled in, revved the engine a couple times, popped the hood, and had an instant crowd around the car. Wife wanted to shrink down in her seat at first -old fart like me in with a bunch of kids. Figured I'd get laughed out of the parking lot. LS1 took care of that. The questions started and in the middle I got invited out to the street races. Had to decline but thought it was right neighborly of them. Anyway - group was well behaved and well mannered and we had a good time. As I was leaving a guy with a T/A came up 'cause he had heard about my LS1 and was telling me about his car. I replied that mine had a very similar set-up and then he said his car weighed about 3,600 lbs. My reply there was: "Yeah, mine only weighs about 2,800 Lbs - Whoops - there goes about eight tenths." and with that I left - gently. May have to round up some of the old-school boys I know and show up down there some night for some good car talk.

That's Texan for "I didn't make enough noise to attract undue attention from the half-dozen cop cars that were hanging out in the area hoping to pick someone off."

Heh, a wise thing to do--but you dated yourself: the young fools would have done a burnout regardless and taken the ticket just to look cool.

You are THE man! :2thumbs: Speaking softly and carrying a BIG stick!

Davy

Naw - actually I've always been heads up - ever since I baited a guy into a race when he had an unmarked police car behind him. Who would of thought a lime green Impala Coupe with Cragars belonged to a cop?!? Fortunately he lived just down the street from me so I'd seen the car a few times. THe other guy hadn't and he paid the price. He was from out of town - learned some of the rules the hard way.