HybridZ

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THESE TRANSMISSIONS ARE THE SAME?

RB26240Z

Well what do you have? an RB26 in a 240Z or do you plan on doing the swap? Or did you blow up your GTS 5 speed?

The GTR AWD 6 speed bell housing might bolt up too. I think the t-case is just in the tail housing. So you might not need a GTS bell housing, ask Rick.

It would be the easiest to use the R33DET GTS tranny. R33 GTS & GTR gear boxes have identical internals, however GTR

gear box has transfer case therefore not suitable for a RWD application. Make sure you get the turbo GTS tranny, as the N/A one is much smaller.

When making up a new tail shaft you will need the bigger yolk from the GTS turbo or 300zx turbo, which I had problems finding when I put an RB25DET transmission onto my L28T.

Guest zline

From what i've seen / swapped in for friends, the transmissions are the same save the bellhousing, however, making such a frankenstein transmission for a high power high stress application would raise question as to how long it'd hold, just something about hodgepodge that scares me with these cars.

The best, and most tested, also simplest route would be to bang out/cut the tabs from the tranny tunnel and use the GT-S transmission. it bolts up and is strong as hell