HybridZ

hey, I have a guy trying to sell me on the Bridgestone RE750's, which are an update to the 730's. He tells me the American Racing Torq Thrust, (either II's or the D's, not sure) in a 16"x8", with the RE750's, 225 50 in front, and 245 50 in back, will work fine. I saw someone said the 225 50's were rubbing, any idea on this combo?

thanks,

tannji

Guest brianglawson

I KNOW THEY ARE GOODYEARS BUT THEY ARE EUROPEAN GOODYEARS MY DAD HAS THEM ON HIS VR6 GTI AND LET ME TELL YOU HE CAN TAKE A TURN AT 90 WITHOUT ANY SQUALL IN THE RAIN

THEY ARE AWESOME I HATE GOODYEAR BUT THESE KICK ASS

THEY ARE GOODYEAR EAGLE F1 GS-D3

THEY ARE AWESOME

Guest ON3GO

i dont no why u hate goodyears but my dads goodyears are damn nice, there stock tires that come on the Z06, the F1 supercars but man o man do they stick.. not great in the rain but what do you want from a car with gobs of tourque and 405hp. the other goodyear tire is the one you posted a link to. i just dont like how it doesnt provide alot of contact patch compared to other tires in its class. but its a good looking tire!

i had FM901's on my 300zx Z32 and loved them. lasted long to, even with the way i drove it.

i loved my Toyo Proxes (sp?) i had on my Z32 also. they stuck better in the dry but not as good as the dunlops in the rain.

im getting the ES100's for my Z now.

Guest brianglawson

you would be suprised on hom awesome these tires are read some of the reviews on tire rack and these tires kick ass in the rain and dry

• 5 months later...

Ressurecting this thread as I will be needing new tires soon (and likely new ones very soon after that :D ).

I would love to get Falkens...they are by far my most favorite brand, but alas, no choice in 245/45-16s. Are there anymore Kuhmo Ecsta 712 users out there that can weigh in? Tire Rack reviews swings so wildly from positive to negative that I can't tell......

BTW, these will go on 16x10 rears and 16x9 fronts on a car that will see weekend warrior status only, so mileage isn't ALL that important. Grip, value and looks are the drivers.

Tim

I have worked in a tire store for numerous years now and have seen and used quite a few performance tires. I also do all the tire work for my college's racecar. For street I would recommend the Goodyear F1 GS-D3 and the Toyo Proxies T1-S. Both are excelent wet weater tires. The Goodyear is less pricy but gives up ultimate grip. Both will do well on a racetrack as well. If you plan to do a considerable ammount of racing I would recomend the Falkin Azenis and the Toyo RA1. Again the Toyos edge out the Falkins but you can't beat the Azenis price they are a great bargin. The RA1's and T1-S are used in the Speed Channel's world cup. Consequencly there are a wide variety of sizes avaliable.

Matt

Matt....like I said, the Falkens aren't even a choice (Size availability). The car will never see wet roads. Also, I don't want to spend huge $$ on tires for a car that won't be driven everyday.

Thanks for suggestions, I'll check them out.

Tim

tim what about yokohama es-100's?

i love mine, and cheap too! my friend has them on his 240sx with about 400rwhp and the tires are awesome on that car.

mike

Guest Phil1934

As I am limited to 235/60-15 with my wheels, I am looking for one with the maximum tread width other than the BFG DR. Summit said the Goodyear Eagle II had 9" of tread but tire rack said 7.2".

Matt....like I said' date=' the Falkens aren't even a choice (Size availability). The car will never see wet roads. Also, I don't want to spend huge $$ on tires for a car that won't be driven everyday.

[/quote']

If you don't care about mileage or rain, then I'd recommend the Kumho Victoracers. Awesome tire - I think they have a couple of variants on them now.