HybridZ

Strut length

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Can someone measure the length of the "stock" 240Z strut from the top of the strut tube (threads) to the center of the hub - front and rear? I cant find the measurement and I need to keep the stock height when I change over to coilovers.

Thanks.

are you planning to section your struts? the only reason to section your struts is if you are planning to lower your car. if you are just converting over to coilovers then your struts will keep the same dimensions. what you need to do is measure from the ground to the bottom of your car at your normal ride height, then when you install your coilovers you can adjust the bottom spring perch to get you back to your normal ride height.

Guest Anonymous

Unfortunately I took the measurements when I picked up the car. The paper where I had them has dissapeared.

Right now, the original spring mounts have been cut off and I am getting ready to install the coilovers. If anyone still has their struts at the original height (non-sectioned, non coilovers, not lowered) and can measure the distance between the center of the hub and the top of the strut tube, I can finish my strut assemblies. I need the measurements for both the front and rear stuts.

I am not trying to lower the car (it will be very difficult for me to get in and out of the car if I do).

Thanks

That's funny I've been disassembling my struts today getting ready for coilovers. Mine is an early 260 so it should be the same as a 240. The front measures 14.5" and the rear measures 16.5". This is from the top of the strut tube to hub centerline. Hope this helps.