HybridZ

pics wanted

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

Anyone have a pic (or can take a pic) of a straight down shot over the engine compartment of a SB Chevy Z? (Non supercharged or turboed, preferably carburated). I am pondering an idea and need to see available engine compartment space.

Even better would be if anyone here has a SB Chevy Z in or around Sac, CA that I can check out in person :D

Guest kjwheeler22

I have some pictures that mite help hire you go http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/kjwheeler23/lst?.dir=/280Z+on+going+project&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ the engine bay needs to be clean up and finish but dont have the time right now it was a easy install the only thing that keep holding me up is getting money for parts :(

Guest gtmattz
:D That's my motor up there (with the Schneider sticker)... Engine bay has a lot more 'stuff' in it now... but it's still a VERY roomy conversion!

Thats a JTR conversion right? I think i can see the spacer and bracket there ;). I love those valve covers BTW, nice Z motiff

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

thanks everyone

It looks like there probably will be enough room for what I am thinking of.

I have a wicked idea of running dual exhaust down to the mufflers and back up into the eng compartment so the tips will exit out the front fenders just behind the front wheels. :D

Or, my even crazier idea would be to route the exhaust all the way back up and have it exit up and behind the front wheels out a series of holes kinda like the nifty old faux ports on the old Buicks n such. :twisted:

Should make for a nice loud ride :D