HybridZ

best place to put jack stands on a Z?

Guest ON3GO

Guest ON3GO

hey guys, im going to be putting the Z on 4 jack stands tomorrow so i wanted to know the best place to put them.

ill be taking of the whole suspension, tranny, driveshaft, rear end, and motor.. so its gotta be stable.

what do you guys do?

thanks

In the front I put it either under the reinforced frame rails, right behind the tension rod mount, or the crossmember itself. in the rear, you can see where the rear cross tie-in goes just behind the rise, i use that point. it's a reinforced frame unit too

If you use the points described at the rear of the frame rail end/reinforcement point, be careful when pulling the motor with the rear suspension still in. Once the front suspension is off and the engine is out, while the rear suspension is in, you can actually pick the front of the Z up off the jack stands easily with the rear jack stands at that spot(becomes the pivot point). It is very easy for you to push it off the stands this way. Don't bother asking how I know this. :? Unfortunately, there really isn't a better place to put them.

I personally would put it up on the stands in the places described, pull the motor and then the rear suspension and then worry about the front suspension. In That order. Otherwise you have an unstable accident waiting to happen.

Guest ON3GO

oh ok. thanks guys....

yeah i as worryied about the thing falling off the stands.

i need to take every suspension part to clean and paint. and also to put my bushings in.