HybridZ

Best TC lockup kit?(EDIT: TC lock-up kit question)

JoeinCA

Hello again

I picked up a 700r4 from an today. Now i am trying to figure out what i need to do before i can bolt it to my engine and do a test fit.

I read about the function of the TC lock up kit on bowtieoverdrives.com. And they told me how to install it. But what is not clear to me, since i am not extremely familiar with automatic transmissions, is whether or not my 700r4, in it's stock form, is designed to lock the torque converter.

(that was a loooong sentence)

My 700r4 is from an 85 camaro(V8). There is a 4 prong electrical "socket" on the drivers side of the transmission. This i assume is the reverse light circuit, and the lockup control? I apologize for asking stupid questions, but a stupid question is better than a stupid mistake.

I believe that all i need is a kit like this : http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=3506&prmenbr=361

That kit seems to be pretty nice, though i would like a provision for a switch to lock up the TC whenever i want. (why i would want to do this is beyond me, so i cannot explain myself.)

thanks for all the help... I would be pretty lost without hybridz! (and this project probably never would have been considered)

Joe.