HybridZ

chevy 283 help

Guest soulfly454

Guest soulfly454

hi ive got a 71 240z with a chevy 283 and i need to know whats the best the hop ups for it that arnt to expensive especially those that help with low end tq cuz my car right now feels like it has a turbo i hit the gas and its kinda sluggish then around 3000 it throws u back im not sure what it is i think i might have too much carb but im not sure its a great motor i can get it to pull all the way till anout 7200 befor it the falves start to float and ihave another question ive been running half 110 airplane octane gas from the local airport and 93 premium and i would like to know if this could harm my engine any help would be greatly appreciated rockon.gif

Well, to answer your question about the fuel it could hurt your heads. The older engines were designed to run on leaded fuels and had different valve seats. If you dont have hardened valve seats installed you could eat away your valve seats. Another alternative is to buy lead additive at your local autoparts store and add it to every tank. As far as the octane goes you are not going to hurt anything IMO. One thing to keep in mind is that if you dont have enough compression ratio to take advantage of the super high octane you are just waisting money!

Guest soulfly454

well its supposed to have a 67 327 fuel injection cam in it and i think a holley 650 and the compression is around 11.0 to 1 so its kinda high but not too high rockon.gif