HybridZ

Video of my 12.88@105.98 last week

Jersey

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dale-will try to go back out to the strip once i get a clutch, found out last time to the track it likes to slip from the bottom of second on at high rpm.

sucks. probably doing a six puck, dont want to pull trans again unless it wont shift! would love to go heads up with you at the track.

i think the ideal supra ic would have to be the tt one, not only does it flow close to 500cfm, it does so bearly covering 1/4 of the radiator, which is good if youre running stock cooling system like mine, which ive found likes to heat up quite a bit in a downtown stop and go situation where it was 98 degrees out!

Guest bastaad525

Ah that's one thing no one ever mentioned, about higher boost killing the turbo faster, makes sense though. I doubt I'm ever gonna turn this thing up to 15 lbs. Budget and concern are going to keep me down at 10. Once I do my 'second wave' of mods consisting of fuel pump, adj. fpr, and IC, I'll probably put it up to 12 or 13 tops. I've never really wanted a car that would be faster than 13's anyways... I dont really ever race, at the track anyways, maybe an occasional stoplight race, and a 13 second car will be more than enough to win most of those around here. I just want a quick daily driver, not an all out track monster. Too much power would just end up with a car that's hard to drive 'normally'. Even with my N/A motor with 170rwhp, I gotta be so gentle with it, in turns, or taking my foot off the petal if I go over a bump, or god forbid if it rains... The T3 itself is a newly rebuilt unit so hopefully it will last a while at 10psi... the second wave probably wont be coming for about a year, as I promised my g/f the next big thing we'd save up for was to get her a 'newer' car. At that point if the car seems slow to me I'll start saving up for a T3/04. I probably will shift pretty low, 5000-5500 rpms, I think this would result in a faster car, and most T3 turboed 2.8's that I've seen dynoed all peak out their hp around there anyways, and the torque comes on pretty low, so it seems going any higher would just be winding it out and going slower. Eventually I'll take the 3.9's out and go with a 3.54 also to keep me in the power band longer but still be able to shift pretty early.

Jersey or anyone who runs one, I have a question, regarding the ACT six puck clutch, anyone know how many miles the clutch itself is good for? The one I have in the car right now has about 35k on it.... I know I'll get a look at it when we pull the engine out but I"m wondering if 35k means I should also budget for a new clutch with the swap? I figure after 35k either the clutch and/or the flywheel surface are toast.... I'd be happier to lose the flywheel though, as they are pretty cheap, I dont think I can have it resurfaced as I had it lightened when I put it into this car, and I think the shop guy said that he took off the maximum amount of material, and it wouldn't be resurfaceable.