HybridZ

suggestions on swapping T5 into NA 280ZX

Guest zpeedracer25

Guest zpeedracer25

Hey all,

I've got a T5 out of a 280ZXT laying around collecting dust and have a 1980 280ZX NA daily driver in need of a new transmission. I was just wondering if there is anything special required to swap it in. I know I need to obtain the proper drive shaft and diff flange, but do I need the slave and master from turbo car and what about the clutch and throw out bearing etc? And is there any other surprises to doing this?

Thanks,

Gary

• 2 weeks later...

The clutch fork is the same part for the T5, but what I would do is get a fork from an older 240 that has the hole for the adjuster, so you can adjust the throwout bearing. Just go with all of the T5 parts, flywheel, clutch, throwout bearing. I do believe that the tranny mount should also work as well. The only thing that I have heard that was different was the shifter location, but then you can buy the Ford mustang shifter and that will solve that problem. The stock clutch stuff will work for you as far as I know.

I have a Turbo diff flange if you need one to use with the driveline. :D

Guest zpeedracer25

Thanks Jeff...very helpful info. :-D From what I found on Zhome the shifter is in the exact same spot so that should be ok. What do you want for the diff flange??