HybridZ

Fuel Economy?????

I know this may seem an inconsequential subject for most of y'all since the primary quest seems to be for gobs of HP which generally results in low MPG numbers. BUT - for those of you in the lower HP ranges (300+/-)- what kind of fuel economy are you seeing? Also, is your vehicle carburated or fuel injected? My current information indicates a fuel injected 300 HP 350 with the right gears should be able to attain about 27 MPG on the highway and probably 21-22 in combined driving. Anyone out there seeing these kind of numbers?

Phantom

Guest Anonymous

I think those are probably pretty good numbers. My carb'ed 350 got about 21.5 combined on my trip to Rio Vista (not very far though) I'll let you know in a day or two what my long range mileage is, as tonight I'm leaving on a 13 hour car ride in it to Tempe Az. I'll let you know how my MPG is on it just as a baseline, I'm sure with injection it could be much more miserly. My motors probably on the real low side of the V8 HybridZ HP scale at maybe 250-260hp.

Cheers,

Lone

im on the low side of the hp as well, with a four speed with a one to one final drive, i have scored 18mpg driving from sf to san leandro, to fremont and back. on the street i get around ten, but ive been hotrodding so i get about 8-10 on the street, ive been keeping the revs up and the secondaries on. yeah boy.