HybridZ

SBC block hugger.

Guest goldraven

Guest goldraven

i have searched this forum unsuccessfully for a place to order sbc block huggers online(i was half asleep when i did so i most likely missed it). I am really not interested in having the best header out there, i am interested in having something that works reliably. is there any web sites that you guys know of that makes SBC block headers that fit in a 280zx that you can order online? Sorry if you have already said this, and as always thanks for your help guys.

Nick

Guest greimann

I think the right side can use just about any Chevy block hugger, but the left side is going to need alteration of some kind, no matter what type you select. There are no 280ZX specific engine swap headers available.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest 78sbc280z
:twisted: hedman offers a set of headers that work out great they are the hedman tight tubes all we had to do was dent n the left side colector alittle to allow for the steering shaft and also if you look in http://www.zcarparts.com they have headers in there but they are 400$ and i dont know if they are a bolt on or not ut i do know that the tight tubes work great

• 1 month later...
:twisted: hedman offers a set of headers that work out great they are the hedman tight tubes all we had to do was dent n the left side colector alittle to allow for the steering shaft and also if you look in http://www.zcarparts.com[/url'] they have headers in there but they are 400$ and i dont know if they are a bolt on or not ut i do know that the tight tubes work great

Well tight tubes might work if you have no power steering or a rack and pinion steering on a 280ZX but if you have that annoying gear box then NO, nobody offers a header that will just bolt on. And the ones that www.zcarparts.com sells are for 70-78 Z's not ZX's.

I am currently looking for supplies to make my own headers for my 280ZX LT1 :D

Guy

One thing to keep in mind is that no matter what someone tells you, not all block huggers hug the block the same way! I bought a pair of cheap headers off eBay, and they interfered SEVERELY with the steering shaft. I tried dinging them. Then I tried whacking them, then I mauled the hell out of them until the two outer tubes were all but smashed flat, and then they BARELY fit. Not what I'd call "free flowing"

Since you have a ZX, your mileage may vary. What I'm trying to say is, check the fit BEFORE you buy if at all possible. Or make sure you can get your money back if they don't fit. Or invest sixty bucks in a steering shaft u-joint!

• 1 month later...