HybridZ

SPARK PLUG CROSS REFERENCE LISTING TO NGK

OK, listen to this. I get my exhaust on, fire it up, it sounds great! Too much gas fumes coming out of the tail pipe (real rich, plugs black. I have the AFR190 heads and was running the AC43TS I think it was with the short threads. I call up the AFR guy and says "NO NO GET THOSE OUT OF THERE". He said to use the ACFR3LS plugs with the longer threads etc. They are discontinued so they cross referenced to NGK BCPR5ES. I went and got some, spaced them at around .042 and put them in. I fired her up and WHOLLA no more fumes, smoke anything and is very smooth now with no hesitation. What a difference the correct plugs make. All you AFR guys may want to check them out because it is a very noticeable difference. Now I just have to make sure my power valve is the right size. My cams duration is 282 so the 6.5 might be a little big. I will do a vaccuum check tomorrow and determine. So far so good@! Tomorrow I drive it to break in the engine for the first time on the highway! I cant sleep tonight! :lol: Well just thought I would share that strange experience with everyone..... :wink: Oh i have new pics too in new albums! :-D

Congrats "Devil Dog", on getting your Z "good to go". Go easy on the break-in, though that shouldn't be too difficult considering the max speed limit over there is what 50 klicks? Okinawa was my first tour of duty back in the early 80's and I remember the local street racer scene well!

When are you coming back state side?

Mark

Mark, Ill be back either next year or after 3 more. If I pick up E8 Ill stay another 3 hear.Good money and the wife is a GS-5 with COLA! After that Ill retire. Well things are going pretty good. Did the drive from Kinser to Nago and back for the break in. My fricken tranny is going but I knew it was just a matter of time. Cant race with this one but can drive easily. Still rockets. Funny I have no traction in 1st or second AT ALL! I will be getting my NITTO 555Rs this week or next. 275 50 15s. I hope they work or Im dust. Supposed to be a 450HP build and I would say its damn close. Ill dyno it at techno sports after the new Raptor comes in. $1575 plus $500 for shipping air and customs. Such is life. Next plan is an upgrade to a 413 or 383...dont know yet. That will keep me busy over the next three years!

Semper Z Dude!

CorZette :D

Hello Grumpy! Hows thew gators there days!